If you are looking for skilled construction workers, the thumb rule is to start the recruitment process early, before the work actually begins and to keep your doors permanently open, so that you can remain selective and make no compromises.
There are many resources to use, in order to find candidates for the jobs that you are offering. Utilize them and you will have better chances to get good workers for your construction company.
- Pay regular visits to tech schools and colleges in your area and find legal opportunities to associate with them. This is the best way to find young candidates, groom them and transform them into the workers that your company needs. For example, you can offer to teach a specialized class and offer young students a mentoring program. Or for industries such as roofing, you can hold classes, finding the right contractor for roofing Flagstaff homes is a must.
- Consider advertising with military veteran associations; these people are transitioning to civilian life and many look for jobs. Typically, they are hard workers and fast learners.
- Implement a training program, as well as a worker referral program
- Go to job fairs and use trade shows to advertise the job opportunities in your company
- Not least, use media advertisements, as well as social media to reach to as many people as possible.